[Asterisk-Users] NuFone?

Doug Harris dogharris at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 17 11:33:11 MST 2004

Hi,

Seems like there arn't any alternative to NuFone either ?

Toll free Number + IAX/SIP + 2.9 Cents per minute, no strings attached.

Doug

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:34:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] NuFone?
From: "Robert Hajime Lanning" <lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com>
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

<quote who="ast at uc9.net">
> I have used both VoicePluse and Nufone. I have to say that the support and
> the service I have gotten from NuFone is second to none. They are quick to
> respond, they had me up in no time.
I have Nufone and I would have to say, their network is top. I have not had
any network outages, delays, or otherwise.
Their business side (and trouble shooting) is not ready for prime time.
Issues:
o NO BILLING!
o no detailed accounting
o no way to check your account other than emailing a request.
- I may setup a cron job to request my account ballance once a week.
o I couldn't dial 800 numbers via Nufone (IAXTel and PSTN worked)
- I had forwarded him all pertinent information from my configs - All I
got from support was, "Everyone else can." and "I can't reproduce
it" and "we treat 800 the same as all other US calls", even after I had
suggested that it wasn't him, it was the carrier he passes the call to.
- I finally figured out that his carrier requires exactly 10 digits in the
callerID, for tollfree numbers. This requirement does not exist for any
other US number.
I am wondering when Nufone will get serious about being a business with
customers to be responsible to.
--
END OF LINE
-MCP