[Asterisk-Users] Paging & Intercom

Dean Collins dean at collins.net.pr
Tue Mar 16 13:27:17 MST 2004

>1. broadcast intercom functions at the phone are typically associated
>with key systems, and not so much on pbx's. (There are several
>key system functions that don't translate nicely into pbx use.)

Rich, you will find most pabx's support all handset pages (at least all
of the fujitsu's and nec's I've worked with did , however because on a
key system there is a pre-programmed key on the handset people use it,
because on a pabx it is a 3 or 4 didgit code, people don't use this (or
most other) function.

Cheers,
Dean