[Asterisk-Users] Echo Problems

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at chaosium.net
Wed Mar 17 08:58:45 MST 2004

I've recently signed up with voicepulse to test their IAX termination.

Right now, I have the following setup:

Rhino channel bank
T400P
Dual 900 MHz Server
Latest CVS Asterisk
Intel EE100 NICs

When I dial internally or out over our T1, everything is crystal clear.
When I dial a call through voicepulse, there is a heinous echo.  The
worst part is that it isn't to bad on my end, but the person on the
remote end hears a serious echo of their voice.

I've tried tweaking echo cancel and echo training but neither helped.
Interestingly, I tried the Digium test IAX and briefly chatted with
someone there.  He noted a very small amount of echo but nothing as
pronounced as when I call cellphone through voicepulse.

I'm about to sign up through NuFone for some testing, but I'd be
interested to know if anyone else has any echo cancelling issues with
IAX or otherwise that I should know about.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Computing Edge, Inc.