[Asterisk-Users] extensions problem (SIP)

Walker Haddock whaddock at datacrest.com
Mon Mar 15 14:16:08 MST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:56:04PM +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Walker Haddock wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:28:00PM +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> >
> >>The incominglimit limits how many simultaneous calls a UA may place to
> >>Asterisk.
> >
> >I'm pretty sure that the incominglimit specifies how many calls that * can
> >send to the SIP device.  If you set incominglimit=1 and then do a SIP SHOW
> >INUSE from the *CLI then you will see the limit set.  The behavior of *
> >then will consider the device busy if there is a call in progress and the
> >inuse count is incremented.
> >
> >Paul Lieu did some work on this a few months ago and I've been using it on
> >my Cisco 7960 and Grandstream BT-102 phones.

See bug (closed),
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000408

This is the one that Paul Liew opened and provide a fix for.

> The incominglimit= config is read in build_user, users place calls to
> asterisk.
> Peers have no incominglimit.
>
> Funny enough outgoinglimit= was also coded in build_user for users, even
> though
> chan_sip place calls to peers.
>
> So maybe it just happens to work as you say for "friends" that is both user
> and peer.

Yes, I have my SIP UAs defined as `friends`.  Also, like Paul said in bug 1064, you have to put the username=xxx in the stanza as well.

> The find_user routine just checks users, not peers.
>
> Would be greatful if someone cleaned up this part of chan_sip and added
> support
> for outgoinglimit for peers.
>
> Also, see bug
> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001064
I see that Paul is commenting on this, so I don't need to get involved except to say that I am using the feature to limit the number of calls that * can make to the UA.  If there is a disagreement in definition/perspective here, I guess we can change all of our sip.conf entries from incoming to outgoing easily enough.

Walker
--
********   DataCrest, Inc. -- Technically Superior   ******************
Walker Haddock                       http://www.datacrest.com
DataCrest, Inc.                    e-mail:  wh at datacrest.com
1634A Montgomery Hwy.    phone:  1-888-941-3282, 1-205-335-8589
Birmingham, AL 35216                  fax:  1-205-823-7838