[Asterisk-Users] "Click to Call" Perl CGI script - TACI

Tony Wasson wasson at azxws.com
Mon Mar 15 13:54:18 MST 2004

I've hacked up a little "click to call" web CGI in Perl using the
Asterisk Manager Interface and Net::Telnet. I've called it TACI -
Trivial Asterisk Call-generator Interface.

http://www.azxws.com/asterisk/

This is far from perfect or finished, but it should be a start for
anyone looking to make "clickable" URLs that spawn phone calls. It has a
rudementary HTML interface to make a call. You can also make calls in a
URL (providing a real click to call). Finally, you can use it from the
command line for debugging and other purposes.

You'll need to specify a context, SIP account, and extension to call.
This seems to work well with the 100 or so calls I've tested.

This should be easy to extend for anyone using IAX also.(It is hardcoded
for SIP on 1 line). The README should get anyone interested in doing
this going.

Hope this of use to you!
Tony Wasson