[Asterisk-Users] DTMF debugs

Walker Haddock whaddock at datacrest.com
Mon Mar 15 09:18:43 MST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:56:31AM -0600, Bruce Marler wrote:
> Is their a debug that will show what DTMF is being detected or what is being
> sent by asterisk. I am having some problems with initial fax tones possibly
> being detected as fax and once I change my DTMF passing type I can then send
> faxes BUT get double DTMF digits sent at times.
>
> Any debug info would be appreciated.
in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf, either uncomment the line
debug => debug

to have debug messages written to /var/log/asterisk/debug

or add `debug` to the line
messages => notice,warning,error

to include the debug messages in the /var/log/asterisk/messages file

at the * CLI prompt, enter `logger reload`

Now you will see the dtmf decoded in the debug messages.

--
********   DataCrest, Inc. -- Technically Superior   ******************
Walker Haddock                       http://www.datacrest.com
DataCrest, Inc.                    e-mail:  wh at datacrest.com
1634A Montgomery Hwy.    phone:  1-888-941-3282, 1-205-335-8589
Birmingham, AL 35216                  fax:  1-205-823-7838