[Asterisk-Users] Codec negotation with re-invites..

Billy Huddleston billy at nxs.net
Fri Mar 12 14:39:34 MST 2004

Okay, I add allow=g729 into the [general] section of sip.conf...

I can now place calls via ulaw or g729 without any problems..  simply by
setting the allow= in the phone's sip entry..

However, INBOUND is a whole nother problem...
I get a really strange "buzz" sound on inbound calls.. and...  here is a
snippit of show sip channels while the call is in progress..

1.1.1.24   8659342199  505b634c5cc  00103/00000  00000ms  0000ms  ULAW
1.1.1.29   8656914260  B392830B-17  00102/00102  00000ms  0000ms  G729A

.24 is the sip phone, .29 is the gateway

I'm totally lost on this.