[Asterisk-Users] error with dates?

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Thu Mar 11 16:11:18 MST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Jorge de J. Ramirez S. wrote:

> Hi everyone, I'm really newbie qith asterisk, an have this error:
>
>     -- Executing VoiceMailMain2("IAX2[Guest at Guest]/2", "") in new stack
>     -- Playing 'vm-login'
> NOTICE[229391]: File sched.c, Line 209 (sched_settime): Request to
> schedule in the past?!?!
> NOTICE[229391]: File sched.c, Line 209 (sched_settime): Request to
> schedule in the past?!?!

I see this often on my machine, too. I think somebody mentioned a few
weeks ago that this happens when you're running * on a slower or heavily
loaded machine. I think the idea is that * schedules something to happen,
but then the OS doesn't give * enough time to get the thing done before
the scheduled time has already passed. Mine is a K6-300 and has X running
at the same time, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens. I
haven't checked to see if the same thing happens if X isn't running.

..so, did I understand correctly?

Greg