[Asterisk-Users] How can I use the # key normally?

Barton Hodges barton at gcmcomputers.com
Thu Mar 11 07:49:25 MST 2004

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Is there a way to disable the transfer function of the # key?  When
> calling other services,  we often need it to access other
> menus, other
> voicemail, etc.
>
> Does this have anything to do with the T and t options in the
> Dial string?

Yes:
t = Allow the called user to transfer the calling user
T = Allow the calling user to transfer the called user

If you want to use the T option be able to transfer the calls that you
make, and still have the # key functionality in outside menus, then
you might want to consider something like the double-hash patch:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000885

	Barton