[Asterisk-Users] 3com NBX phones

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 11 07:06:14 MST 2004

I took apart an old broken 3com SIP phone so I could repair it last
night and examined
the main board.  It is labeled as a NBX motherboard and was manufactured
by NBX Inc.
I attached it to my Asterisk system and everything worked except for
MWI.  The 3com
uses a simple text protocol and Asterisk attempts to use XML.  I took
pictures of the
main board but forgot to bring them in to work.  If anyone wants any
detailed info on the
unit, let me know in the next couple of days before I re-assemble the
device.