[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk & CAPI & DECT problem

Ignace CARIA ignace.caria at level-it.be
Thu Mar 11 04:41:26 MST 2004

Hi everybody,

I run Asterisk for at least one week and a problem appears;

I have put a AVM passive card into Asterisk Box and I install it without
problem using CAPI (chan_capi of course)

Asterisk is configurated to wait 20 sec before answering the incoming
ISDN line to allow others users to answer the line before with a DECT
system.  If somebody not reach to answer, Asterisk takes the call, plays
the IVR and try to call VoIP Phones and if is there nobody, Voicemail
IVR and Hangup.

Until here no problems.

Now if the ISDN line is busy (the same MSN) (if there is already a
established communication) and another one try to call throught ISDN
line, Asterisk wait the 20 sec. but, that's logical, no tone is played
and the correspondant heard nothing until Asterisk answers de line.

Possible Solutions:
- Play a sound  like tone.

    Impossible, Asterisk must answer the call and this way destroy the
capability to answer the line with DECT Handsets.

- Check CAPI specs.

    CLI allow to check the state of the line, so I think it's possible
to create an AGI program to check if the line is busy and do something
in function.

- Plug the DECT base into a X100P Digium Card.

    Is there a way to call specific handset instead of all?

Thank you in advance for all solutions you can share with me

Kind regards,

Ignace