[Asterisk-Users] Outbound Transfer and the # key

John Baker johnb at listbrokers.com
Tue Mar 9 22:37:46 MST 2004

In your extensions.conf, set Global Variable

TRANSFER_ENABLE=T

then one of your extensions looks like:

[from-internal]
exten => s,1,SetVar(TRANSFER_ENABLE=T)
exten => s,2,NoOp
exten => *,1,GotoIf($[${TRANSFER_ENABLE} = 0]?2:8)
exten => *,2,SetVar(TRANSFER_ENABLE=T)
exten => *,3,Wait(0)
exten => *,4,Playback(pbx-transfer)
exten => *,5,Playback(is-set-to)
exten => *,6,Playback(pound)
exten => *,7,Goto(s,1)
exten => *,8,SetVar(TRANSFER_ENABLE=)
exten => *,9,Wait(0)
exten => *,10,Playback(pbx-transfer)
exten => *,11,Playback(is-not-set)
exten => *,12,Goto(s,2)

and then include this extension where your phones dial out...then on
your dial-outs, something like this:

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUTBOUND}/${EXTEN},40,${TRANSFER_ENABLE}r)
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Congestion
exten => _NXXXXXX,102,Congestion

Well, you get the idea.  You press the * button before a call, wait for
the message, then you can dial out without the # button being active.

John