[Asterisk-Users] Parsing a variable, or rather Splitting a variable

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Tue Mar 9 15:25:16 MST 2004

The wiki page on ChanIsAvail says:

"Thus, if you are going to use the value of AVAILCHAN, you need to
strip the session ID off."

I understand why this is necessary (from seeing what is returned in
the CLI), but I don't see any commands that can accomplish this since
the session id after the "-" is of variable length (so you can't use
":" notation, or StripLSD, etc.).

I would like to avoid making an external AGI call if possible, and I'm
hoping I'm just missing something obvious here.

Thanks in advance!