[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Budgetone SIP registration fails

Jean-Marc V. Liotier jim at jipo.com
Tue Mar 9 02:51:13 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 18:50, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> If you configure a static address, the PBX already know how to reach
> the client and no registration is therefore needed (and not allowed in
> asterisk).
>
> Enabling registration makes the SIP device mobile across the network.
> Configuring a static address locks it in.

There is one more thing I do not understand : Asterisk logs messages
such as "Peer '6040' isn't dynamic"; how does Asterisk determine wether
the SIP client's IP address is statically or dynamically assigned ? Is
that information contained in the message that the SIP client sends to
initiate registration ? Does Asterisk do a DHCP request ? Is there
another mechanism I have not imagined ?