[Asterisk-Users] Small office requirements - Can this be done?

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Tue Mar 9 01:17:10 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 08:36, WipeOut wrote:
> Simon Coles wrote:
>

> > --On Tuesday, March 2, 2004 9:49 am +0000 Steve Kennedy
> > <steve-asterisk at gbnet.net> wrote:
> >
> >> That's the crunch (1.5/512) ... it's actually the 512 which is relevent.
> > We haven't set it all up yet, but for our new UK office we've gone
> > with ADSL from Andrews & Arnold (http://www.aaisp.net/) who will let
> > you bond 2 ADSL lines together to get 512 upstream. We only moved in a
> > couple of days ago so I haven't had a chance to set it all up yet :-(
> >

> Nildram also support bonding ADSL lines together, I think they currently
> support up to 4 lines (1Mb upstream 2Mb downstream) and they are looking
> at supporting more..

This may be a complete red herring, but, instead of bonding two feeds
from the same provider has anyone tried with two, or even more, feeds
from different providers? I have a possible installation with two
incoming analogue fax lines, one already has ADSL the other could. My
thoughts are to get ADSL from a second provider and then mix them in a
Linux firewall. This should give some protection from outrages at the
provider.
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>