[Asterisk-Users] Best Budgetone firmware?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Mar 8 12:31:12 MST 2004

Matthew Marlowe wrote:
> You may also obviously check Grandstreams site instead of another
> providers site.
>
> http://www.grandstream.com/BETATEST/
>
> A free windows TFTP server is available from solarwinds.net which works
> great.
>
> Obviously linux can use tftpd

Well, maybe.  The Grandstreams use an extended version, and at least
right now, the hpa tftpd does NOT work with them.  I spent many hours
playing around last night, and the GS phones for whatever reason will
not download files that are served from that server.

I even installed the latest version of the server on the off-chance that
was the problem.  In every case, the two ends "negotiate the tftp
options" that the GS sends, and then the server sends the first block of
data (even observing the GS's request to send in 1024-byte blocks) and
then as soon as it does, the GS closes the connection immediately.

Perhaps there's some trick I don't know, but I don't have a vile Window$
box anywhere around to run the solarwinds product, and so far have come
up dry via every other venue.  Most public TFTP servers won't serve
files to me behind the NAT I use, and Grandstream's server, which I used
in the "good old days" does not seem to be there anymore.

I'd love to be corrected on any of this, btw.  I fear I'm locked into
using the old 1.0.3.81 f/w for the rest of my life. .

Thx.

b.