[Asterisk-Users] Hylafax integration

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Mon Mar 8 09:13:43 MST 2004

> I'm a bit of a linux zero (at least i'm working to know it but it takes
> some time)
> Do i understand :
>
> The call comes in on a card (in this case zaptel) for exampl,e and if in
> the dialplan you have an 'f' extension Hylafax will get the communication
> from the zaptel card ? or is it simply a redirect to another extension or
> tel. number ?

you need a modem plugged into an fxs device, and you have your f extension
jump to a ringing state on that fxs device.

exten => fax,1,Dial,Zap/9

is all it takes.

this listens for fax tones in whatever context you have it in and rings
zap/9 which has my usr modem plugged into it, being managed by hylafax.

On an outgoing fax, it is just like the phone goes off hook on zap/9, and
then all my outbound LCR rules apply just like any other phonecall.

Note: the fax detection is only in the context for calls from the outside
coming in. It is not in for example the context for calls from the inside
which would include the faxmodem and physical fax machine, or some weird
stuff would definately happen.