[Asterisk-Users] X100P dial in/out to sip phones

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Mon Mar 8 06:38:59 MST 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 00:27, Isamar Maia wrote:
> > Caller ID does not work in the UK, well not on my BT or Telewest line's.
>
> What I didn't understand yet about * + X100P with caller id not working
> in some countries is, it's a hardware or software limitation?
>
> Isamar

I tihnk that it's primarily a hardware limitation.
The callerID on a UK BT line is sent before the first ring tone. It is
initiated by a line reversal - from what I can gather the x100p can't detect
this. There are supposed to be some new modules coming out for the TDM400P
which will work - but then they were supposed to be out before Christmas -
does anyone know when/if they are going to get released.

Jon