[Asterisk-Users] g726 Codec w/ GrandStream 1.0.4.50 Firmware

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sun Mar 7 19:25:36 MST 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, James Golovich wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Master Abi wrote:
> >
> > > Upgrade to the latest CVS and ast_rtp_read/write warnings will
> > > disappear. GS .50 is buggy. Voice is very thin. Sipura G.726 is works
> > > great.
> >
> > Hmm.. when was this fixed? I'm running a CVS version that was pulled and
> > built this morning, however I believe that I'm running the 1.0_stable
> > branch on this box.
>
> The G726 codec is not in the 1.0 stable branch, only in the HEAD branch of
> CVS

Yes, unless you apply the patch from bugs.digium.com! ;) Which I did,
about 10 minutes after it was posted. ;)

I have grabbed the current CVS and rebuilt Asterisk on the Pentium 133
Super Server. 3 Hours later, I was able to do a "make install" and test
the Codec with the new Firmware.

The Audio is intelligble, but the quality is horrible. However, this is a
Giant leap forward from the first patch and the 1.0.4.46 GrandStream
hardware that would lock the phone solid when you tried a g726 call. I
suspect that the quality issue could be related to the lack of resources
of the Pentium 133 box.

                             KP-216-121-ST