[Asterisk-Users] Re: Help Newbie: TDM Development Kit

willy at yponeinc.com willy at yponeinc.com
Sun Mar 7 12:47:39 MST 2004

Yeah ..
Here's an update.  It turns out I need to have a zaptel.conf
file !?? Ok, so I found that and I now have the followign
setup:
-----------------
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

# Load FXS device (a TDM400P) as Channel #, and use
kewlstart FXO signalling
fxoks=1

# Load FXO device (a T100X) as Channel #, and use kewlstart
FXS signalling
fxsks=2
-----------------
In my zapata.conf file, I have an entry for the TDM400P as
follows:

[channels]

language=en

group=1

context=from-sip
signalling=fxo_ks

mailbox = 2100
callerid = "Fedora" <2100>

channel => 1
--------------
Now, I have two SIP clients on my local LAN, [2000] and
[2100]. The mailbox is at [2999]
Locally (i.e. on the LAN, everything works, i.e., I can
place calls to all my extensions, and leave voice mail.
extension [2000] SIP using X-lite on a PC
extension [2001] SIP using X-lite on a Laptop (PC)
extension [2100] ZAP using the TDM400P board

When I run ztcfg -vv I am getting:
---------------------------------
Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

2 channels configured.
---------------------------------
.. which looks OK to me.

Now, of course I need to tell asterisk about the FXO card,
so I add the following to zapata.conf ..
---------------------------------
group=2
signalling=fxs_ks

channel => 2
---------------------------------
and when I start asterisk, this is what shows ...

Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
Registered channel 1, FXO Kewlstart signalling
WARNING Unable to specify channel 2: No such device
: Unable to open channel 2: No such device
here = 0, tmp->channel = 2, channel = 2
msetup_zap: Unable to register channel '2'
WARNING: mast_load_resource: load_module failed, returning
-1
Any ideas?
BTW: trying to make the X100P channel 1 does not help
either.  ztcfg shows the channels, but asterisk will fail to
load.
Cheers,
Willy

----- Original Message Follows -----