[Asterisk-Users] Limit on call in minuttes.

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Sun Mar 7 05:19:20 MST 2004

I saw in the current CVS version that a new parameter has been added to
app_dial.c...

"The option string may contain zero or more of the following characters:\n"
"      't' -- allow the called user transfer the calling user\n"
"      'T' -- to allow the calling user to transfer the call.\n"
"      'r' -- indicate ringing to the calling party, pass no audio until
answered.\n"
"      'm' -- provide hold music to the calling party until answered.\n"
"      'H' -- allow caller to hang up by hitting *.\n"
"      'C' -- reset call detail record for this call.\n"
"      'P[(x)]' -- privacy mode, using 'x' as database if provided.\n"
"      'g' -- goes on in context if the destination channel hangs up\n"
"      'A(x)' -- play an announcement to the called party, using x as
file\n"
"      'S(x)' -- hangup the call after x seconds AFTER called party picked
up\n"

so that should enable you to do the following:
    Call timeout = 20 sec
    Max Call Duration = 300 sec = 5 min.

    exten => 411,1,Dial(IAX2/hhandresen at iaxtel/18005558355 at iaxtel,20,S(300))

however, I have not tried it yet so someone correct me if I am wrong..

-- Søren