[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream Budgetone SIP registration fails

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 14:04:29 MST 2004

In article <1078595645.9560.49.camel at Senecio>,
Jean-Marc V. Liotier <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> wrote:
> Someone on the list certainly has a working setup with Asterisk and
> Grandstream Budgetone phones, I would be grateful if their SIP
> configuration was posted to the list. Quite unexpectedly I found no
> complete example of such working setup on the Web, maybe because it was
> so simple that no one thought that posting it would be useful to anyone.
> One I get mine working I shall post the parameters !

Well my sip.conf looks like this:

;
; SIP Configuration for Asterisk
;
[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind to
context=from-sip-external       ; send unknown SIP callers to this context
allow=ulaw
allow=ilbc

;
; Tony's phone
;
[2000]
type=friend
username=2000
secret=password
host=dynamic
context=from-sip-internal
mailbox=2000
callerid=2000
dtmfmode=info

;
; Rachel's phone
;
[2001]
type=friend
username=2001
secret=password
host=dynamic
context=from-sip-internal
mailbox=2001
callerid=2001
dtmfmode=info

Then in the admin interface for Tony's phone I have the following:

IP address: dynamic from DHCP
SIP server: IP of Asterisk server
Outbound proxy: empty
SIP User ID: 2000
Authenticate ID: 2000
Auth password: password
Vocoder choices (in order): PCMU, PCMA, then others
SIP user ID is phone number: Yes
SIP Registration: Yes
Clear reg on reboot: No
Reg expiration: 3
Early dial: No
Local SIP port: 5060
Local RTP port: 5004
Use random port: No
NAT Traversal: No
Send DTMF: Via SIP INFO

I think that's all the likely relevant ones.

Hope this helps
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield