[Asterisk-Users] E100P / E1 dial out

Tobias F. Leucht asterisk at leucht.org
Sat Mar 6 09:21:02 MST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 12:01:44AM +0100, Tobias F. Leucht wrote:

> my setup of an Asterisk box with a TDM400P and an E100P went just
> fine except that I cannot manage to place outgoing calls via the E1
> interface (while incoming calls _do_ work).

As the same system with a BRI interface works for both incoming and
outgoing connectoins - what's the difference between chan_capi/BRI
and zap/PRI?

> -----8<-----
> [...]
> Ooh, format changed from UNKN to ALAW

Does this mean I have a problem with the codec? Where can I search for
relevant settings? My sip.conf defines:

[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = default
disallow = gsm
allow = alaw
disallow = ulaw

What is wrong with that?

Any hint/help would be greatly appreciated!

Tobias F. Leucht