[Asterisk-Users] MySQL configurations and other things.

C. Clark [Vistech] champ at bundy.vistech.net
Thu Mar 4 23:56:58 MST 2004

	Hello all,

	I've been using Asterisk for a little while now,   and decided to
take a small plunge into seeing how Asterisk would inter-operate with
a SQL database.  Yes,   I know this question comes up quite a bit,  but
I had some specific questions.

	Getting the CDR to the MySQL database was no problem.  Works
great.  Next,  I decided to try out the Voicemail configuration as
the instructions explain @ voip-info.org.   I created my database/tables,
verified my username/password works and fire up asterisk.    During the
Asterisk startup,  I see (when app_voicemail.so gets loaded)...

"Logging into database with user XXXX,  password XXXX and database XXXX"

	Wonderful!  No errors.  All looks good.   I add a user into
the VM database (and verify that it's there) - and restart Asterisk again
(just to be on the safe side - the voip-info.org doc's say that the
users voicemail configurations should be read dynamically).  Once again,
I get a good "logging into database" (no errors) when it loads the voicemail
module.

	When I do a "show voicemail users",  it returns "There are no
voicemail users currently defined".    I indeed have "users" defined.

 	I attempted the same sort of setup with the "sipfriends/iaxfriends"
MySQL database configuration.   I add a user into the MySQL database
(in the "sipfriends",  for example) - however,  when I do a "show sip users"
at the Asterisk CLI,  It doesn't show them.   Thinking that the "show"
command doesnt function with the SQL function,   I attempted to register
with the Asterisk server anyways  - this fails with a authentication
failure...

	From the little bit of reading material I've found on this,  it
_appears_ that the SIP/IAX MySQL DB and voicemail MySQL DB configurations
are broken.  Is this the case?    Is there a Postgres way of doing the
above SQL database/dynamic configurations?   The only thing i've seen
function is the MySQL CDR recording.   Thanks for the information in
advance.  Hopefully,  I'm still being clear on what i'm trying to
accomplish....

					- Champ Clark