[Asterisk-Users] calls being presented as "Anonymous"

Low, Adam ALow at Prioritytelecom.com
Thu Mar 4 13:36:08 MST 2004

Reece,

I have a similar setup by the sounds of things (running 0.7.2 with AS5300) and on private number calls what you actually get is 'Anonymous <010101010101>' and as far as I remember it was always like that for me. How are you pulling the callerid into your script ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Reece Anderson
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent: 3/4/04 5:41 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] calls being presented as "Anonymous"

Hi,

Recently I upgraded Asterisk from version 5 to 7 since I've done this
all the calls that are private numbers are now showing up as
"Anonymous".

I know for a fact its not the Cisco 5300 striping this off it appears to
be Asterisk itself.

Does anyone know the section of source code that needs modifying to
re-enable this, we currently have an identification system on a few 100
numbers through a database, this currently is not matching to any
clients.

I'd prefer to not downgrade as instability issues forced the upgrade in
the first place.

Private posts welcome if this information is not suitable for the
mailing list :)

********* DISCLAIMER *********

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and may include proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person