[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Feebsd , pls. HELP !

William Waites asterisk at lists.styx.org
Thu Mar 4 12:48:14 MST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:24:12AM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> You've already answered your question.  As chan_h323 does not
> work on FreeBSD, and as you need chan_h323, you are therefore
> required to not use FreeBSD.
>
> Install Linux, like everybody else.

Genetic diversity in operating system support is a good
thing. It makes for more robust code. Following standards
is a good thing -- POSIX was written for a reason. If you
only support one OS you are less likely to notice when
you do something non-standard.

However, I would recommend to the original poster that
they use a FreeBSD 4.X release rather than -current
for stability unless they need something specific that
is only available in the 5.X series.

/w
--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign