[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail has hard-coded limit of 100 messages?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Mar 4 10:30:43 MST 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 09:09, Matt Lawson wrote:
> I got bit by this today and was surprised to see the limit of a
> measly 100 messages hardcoded into voicemail.  Is that right or am
> I missing something?

It's related to a memory allocation during VoiceMailMain.  If you
increase that number, you will be increasing the amount of memory
used by that application.  It's not necessarily deleterious on the
performance of Asterisk, but the limit had to be set somewhere (and
100 is more than enough for most installations).

Perhaps what you really should be asking is, "why am I receiving more
than 100 messages between the times when I check my voicemail, and
what can I do to either decrease that number or arrange for voicemail
to be checked more often?"

-Tilghman