[Asterisk-Users] Question regarding MusicOnHold ...

Daniel Prather daniel at citynetwireless.net
Thu Mar 4 09:33:50 MST 2004

I've been told that MusicOnHold is *incredibly* picky about the mp3s
that it plays.  I've experimented with the sample and a host of other
constant bitrate mp3s, and even some VBR ones, and I can't get any sort
of consistent workability.  Even the sample doesn't work but maybe 10%
of the time.  I'm using mpg123 version 0.59r.  Does anyone have any
advice they can give me on getting MusicOnHold to work the majority of
the time?  Or... if I need to provide any additional information, let me
know.  Thanks!

--

Daniel Prather
CityNet, LLC