[Asterisk-Users] Problem with X101P.

Maxime R ionix at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 4 02:14:11 MST 2004

Hello, I have a X101P card and I contacted digium and they told me to return
it. Before I do so, I want to make sure the error is not on my side. If you
have any idea, please tell me. Here is my problem:
Recently setup asterisk and zaptel on a linux mandrake server and I got it
to work perfectly. The only problem is with the fxo interface I bought.
when I hook it to a phone line, I get RED alert. Also, the other phones in
the house hook up and I hear static on them. I am behind a DSL line and I
attached the x100p to a dsl filter provided by the telco. When I plug the
phone line, alert disapear for 2 secs and reappears
Mar  3 11:38:10 NOTICE[180236]: chan_zap.c:4909 handle_init_event: Alarm
cleared on channel 1
Mar  3 11:38:16 WARNING[180236]: chan_zap.c:4914 handle_init_event: Detected
alarm on channel 1: Red Alarm

The devices seems properly configured and I loaded both zaptel and wcfxo.
Also, it's not sharing an IRQ.
the kernel detects the devices as shown below:
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:11.0
wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X101P
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)

Also I am able to ztcfg -vv
Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels configured.

Here is my zaptel.conf file
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us
fxsks=1

And my zapata.conf file
[channels]
language=en
context=bell
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
musiconhold=default
channel => 1

Notice, I am in Canada using Bell Canada.
Regards,
Maxime R