[Asterisk-Users] Troubles with Galaxyvoice

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Wed Mar 3 08:00:00 MST 2004

Folks,

I have subscribed to galaxyvoice for $20 and so far everything is fine as
long as I use the Grandstream phone I bought from them.

What I want to do is use *. They claim that they support SIP and that I
can use any SIP client with them. However, their tech support sucks and
I'm unable to register with them. I have to admit though that they do
actually have humans on the end of the phone which is a novelty for an
ITSP.

OK hears my problem. They gave me 3 bits of info; a phone number, username
and password. I've tried registering with user:passwd at provider,
phone#:passwd at provider and phone#:user at provider and am unabel to get
registered.

I am also unable to give them calls. They require the g.729 codec which I
bought from digium (not bad for $10) but I'm still unable to complete a
call with them. I suspect its for the same reason as not being able to
register.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Mark Phillips, G7LTT/KC2ENI