[Asterisk-Users] PRI and Voicemail Memory increasing

Robert Boardman robb at boardman.me.uk
Wed Mar 3 05:33:24 MST 2004

Hi,

With the current CVS as of last night 20:00GMT

I was testing a asterisk with the e100p card using a PRI analyzer to excerise
the 30 channels over and over, just going directly to voice-mail.

Basically, I don't know what is going on but every time a PRI channel is picked
up about 8K memory is used, but it is never released, I ran the test for about
four hours last night, and th server started with 100Mb usage, and after 4 hours
the memory usage had climbed to 270Mb.

After some research and a few changes this is my current observation

1st Observation:
After the memory leak was discovered I turned astmm on and recompiled *. The
'show memory allocations' and 'show memory summary' commands did not
indicate that any of the * internals were growing during the test run.

2nd Observation:
When I first boot the system (mod probes for zaptel and wct1xxp and * are run up
from rc.local and there are no ISDN calls running) the memory is already leaking
by 8Kb every few seconds. If I stop * and then restart it the "memory leak"
stops until I start making ISDN calls...

Does anyone have any advice to release the memory or stop the leak?

Thanks

Robb

--
Robert Boardman