[Asterisk-Users] Tiny install with Solid State Storage

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Mar 2 18:18:30 MST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Matt wrote:

> Hello John,
>     I saw the wiki page on trustix, it said 296 megabytes, still a little
> big. I'm downloading trustix now to check it out though.

Before I added the development environment and all of the assorted
libraries, and was running Asterisk on a barebones Debian system, the
entire system was about 96 megs. As long as you don't need to build code,
and are just looking to embed it, try a base install of Debian testing,
and an "apt-get install asterisk". It'll put all of the stuff that
Asterisk needs and you can add stuff as you go.

                             KP-216-121-ST