[Asterisk-Users] flash button

Pascal Le Bail lists at pascal.at
Tue Mar 2 11:21:34 MST 2004

Osvaldo Mundim wrote:

> Is there a way to control the flash timing in Asterisk? I'm using
> Siemens euroset 805S analog phones with Asterisk I can transfer a call
> just hitting a little slower on the "on-hook" button. The flash button
> is not working.

I had exactly the same problem with exactly the same phone ;-)

When I pressed the flash button, Asterisk interpreted the event as a
pulse-dialed "1". I looked into zaptel.h and found the following line:

#define ZT_MAXPULSETIME (150 * 8)        /* 150 ms maximum */

Every pulse shorter than that value is treated as a pulse-dial pulse.
Since all my phones seem to generate 100 ms flash pulses, I reduced the
"150" to "75" and recompiled Zaptel & Asterisk. The problem is solved -
and pulse-dialing still works.

regards,
Pascal Le Bail,
Vienna, Austria, Europe