[Asterisk-Users] Dial up adapter

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Mar 1 13:36:01 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 14:30, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Wim Venneman wrote:
> > Maybe this??: http://www.grandstream.com/y-product.htm
>
> That link didn't bring up anything special... Just the ATA286 and
> Budgetone 102. Is there something I missed?

VoIP over modem isn't very good, and probably due to cost of hardware
modems, not likely to be made. VoIP over broadband or other network
technology using 10/100mbit ports is where the parts are targeted. So if
you have a ethernet port, the ATA286 or Bedgetone will take care of you.
If you are staring at a telco cord, then just purchase a decent phone
card.