[Asterisk-Users] Tiny install with Solid State Storage

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Mar 1 10:14:57 MST 2004

> We are working on trying to build this in 100MB... or less. Stay tuned.

I've created fully functional Linux installs in under 16MB (9.8MB IIRC, but
the entire thing, including the configuration partition was stored on a
16MB CF card) -- I know that Linux can fit on a floppy but my builds
include include Perl, an XMLRPC server, sshd and IPSec.

Has anyone looked at using busybox and uClibc with asterisk?  Those two (and
agressively stripping everything) were the biggest things in making Linux
tiny.  That and eliminating static binaries whereever possible.

Regards,
Andrew