[Asterisk-Users] vmail.cgi -> .php?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Mar 1 09:42:43 MST 2004

On Sunday 29 February 2004 15:15, Ryan Courtnage wrote:
> Has anyone attempted to convert vmail.cgi to php?
> I'll take it in any stage of development.
>
> This, or any other php interface to VM, would be greatly
> appreciated!

Ain't gonna work unless your Apache server runs as root or
as the same user Asterisk runs as.  This is due to the fact that
PHP runs within the same process as Apache, and Unix/Linux
prevents privilege escalation, for security reasons.  The CGI runs
in a separate process, with special permissions.

-Tilghman