[Asterisk-Users] Getting started

Kaydon Stanzione kstanzione at advancedlogicsys.com
Mon Mar 1 05:26:27 MST 2004

I'm interested in getting started with * and have some questions that I
could sure use some help. Appreciate any and all inputs!!!!

1) Regarding the softphone client - what are the differences between an SIP
client such as available from www.xten.com or an IAX client (there are
several available)? I want to be able to run from Windows 2000 / XP
platforms and also from PDA's (PocketPC). Also, could you recommend
softphone client where I can get access to source code for
modifications,,,as I want to integrate the softphone into my web services
client

2) I'm looking at a Digium Wildcard TE405P - with a T-1 PRI - anyone with
experience here and are there any quirks or other issues i should consider?

3) regarding * database - what is the voicemail database (outgoing messages
and incoming) and can I ODBC to my separate data servers using SQL 92
standards?

4) For a mid-size installation - regarding hardware configuration - i'm
thinking RedHat 9, but unsure about the HDD config . Will i get good
performance with IDE mirrored drives versus SCSI RAID??

again, thx in advance for your inputs

Kaydon Stanzione

kstanzione at advancedlogicsys.com