[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Causing Cisco 7200 Router to Crash?

Harold Workman hworkman at cytelcom.com
Wed Jun 30 14:16:23 MST 2004

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Hi,
>    We are having an issue here. It seems that whenever we initialize
> Asterisk on our network, the router that the Asterisk server is
> connected to (Cisco 7200) crashes and loses it configuration. This
> has happended five times and each time we have tested it, it is
> always when Asterisk starts up. Has anyone else seen this problem? It
> is very odd because this is a very good router and we had the
> Asterisk server on an exact same router but different network before
> and it did not cause a crash. We have gone through two different
> Cisco 7200 series routers and both exhibited the same problems. Any
> clues? Thanks -
>

> --

Brian,

Did you log into the Cisco console and watch the cause of the crash? You
should be getting a traceback. Or after the router crashes and reloads look
at show version.  Could you give a little better explanation of your network
as well.  Are you conecting to the 7200 via serial or ip? sip?

Harold Workman
CCNA, CCNP
Cytel Communications
hworkman at cytelcom.com