[Asterisk-Users] Sound not working?

Andrew Elchuk aelchuk at cronustech.com
Wed Jun 30 09:25:04 MST 2004

When I call into my system I have it set to play a bunch of different
sound files (I'm doing testing right now), but when it connects there is
just nothingness for about the time the sound file should take to play.
A soundcard is installed on my system and working properly.  Last night
I would sometimes get "Sound: Record Overrun" messages when I would
close asterisk down or load it up.  When a call comes in the first
extension is an answer command followed by a playback command then a
hangup, but it answers, does nothing, then hangs up.  Anyone know what
the deal is?