[Asterisk-Users] Registration of H323 Endpoints?

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Wed Jun 30 06:18:58 MST 2004

Ok sorry, I just re-read your explanation. So what I am getting from this is
that * cannot act as a registration server for h.323, but can route calls
from h.323 to sip. Whenever a call comes into the GK, to a prefix, that it
does not recognize (SIP ext), it forwards it to the asterisk server.

So, in my sip.conf file, I would specify the extension 900 to 919 (for
instance) just like any other sip extension. And instead of
saying ...Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}), you would say Dial(OH323/${EXTEN}@GnuGK) in the
extensions.conf?

Thanks

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 12 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 08:58 am, Brian Wilkins wrote:
> Thanks for the example. But my question is how does Asterisk know where to
> send data if there doesn't seem to be a facility for people to "register"
> their IP to an extension?
>
> On Yaum al-Arbi'a 12 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 04:41 am, administrator tootai
>
> wrote:
> > Brian Wilkins a écrit :
> > >Hi,
> > >    I am using the asterisk-oh323 wrapper and I am looking to allow
> > >registration of h323 endpoints and allow Asterisk to act as a gateway.
> > > The idea is simple: H323 endpoints would register with Asterisk. They
> > > each would have their own internal extension (like SIP). If a H323
> > > endpoint dials an outbound extension, then the h323 call gets routed to
> > > a H323 Gatekeeper which then terminates the call on an analog phone
> > > line. I've looked extensively for the solution, but to no avail. Is
> > > this possible? If not, what then would be a more common approach? I'm
> > > looking to allow hardphones or even soft h323 phones to connect and
> > > place calls accordingly.
> >
> > I do the following, but using the native h323 channel of asterisk:
> >
> > H323 EP register to GnuGK
> > SIP EP register to *
> > In GnuGK, all prefix except 0 is directected to * -> H323 EP can call
> > SIP EP or use IAX & SIP gw
> > In *, all 900 -> 919 (or whatever you want) are considered as H323 EP
> > and are directed to GnuGK -> SIP EP can call H323 EP
> > In GnuGK, 0 prefix is going to Gateway EP. SIP client can also place
> > call to this gw by dialing 93 prefix.

Heritage Communications Corporation
  Melbourne, FL     USA     32935
http://www.hcc.net