[Asterisk-Users] Do people actually answer questions here?

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Wed Jun 30 06:10:46 MST 2004

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> I've only been watching this list for the past 2 days.
>
> And it seems to be an one way street:
> - -Tell about your problems and what you would like to do.
>
> Usually no answer.
>
> I have to admit I'm rather disappointed with Asterisk, information is
> probably available but very hard to find ; it seems to be limited to a
> few privileged people for whom their job is setting up VoIP system

Uhm, that really sounds like VoIP anyway. I'm just starting (plenty
of data but little if any VoIP). In order to get into this you have
lots of due diligence to perform. The problem with VoIP is that it
covers a lot of RFC's and topics (SIP, H323, MGCP, SKINNY, etc.)
So far I haven't started asking questions because I haven't done
enough home work yet.

Leif gave some very good links. I also use google a lot.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry        ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://linuxha.sourceforge.net/                 (SourceForge)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)