[Asterisk-Users] * Busy-Redial ??

William J Mandra william.mandra at us.army.mil
Tue Jun 29 14:29:18 MST 2004

Chris,
 I agree that this feature would probably be best implemented as an
application. Actually, my first thought was to add it as an option to the
Dial application. Where you could have something in your dialplan like the
following:
	exten =>
_*xx,s,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:3}@provider1,70,TB(${CALLERIDNUM},1)A(redial-msg))
	exten => _*xx,s,2,Hangup
	exten => _*xx,s,102,Hangup
      exten => _*xx,h,1,Hangup

 In this case the Dial application would not exit if the {EXTEN} is busy,
instead it would continue to retry for 1 minute and then exit with a
priority of n+101, if the number starts ringing it would then call
{CALLERIDNUM} and bridge the two calls. Using the A() option it will also
play an announcement to the far side callee so that they don't hang up if
they answer first.

  I started to take a look at dial.c last night, from the look of it this
can definitely be done, however I'm not real comfortable modifying someone
else's code (I could implement this and break something else). So maybe a
new app??? Not sure yet.

Thanks everyone for the responses so far,
   Bill