[Asterisk-Users] Vonage and Asterisk integration

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue Jun 29 08:54:29 MST 2004

I do.  I decided not to bother with Vonage's sub-par and unmotivated
customer service(*) and plugged my ATA186 into an FXO port.

(*) Examples: Had three lines on two ATAs.  Asked if I can moved one of
the lines off to a third (new) ATA -- they couldn't do it.  Asked if I
can move an existing number to a "Softphone" line.  Nope, couldn't do
it.  Can I make an existing number a "virtual number"?  Nope, can't do.
Apparently, they can utilize LNP to move numbers from you CLEC to
themselves, but they can't move numbers around inside Vonage.  Ba!  It
cost them two lines and about $45/month in services.