[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing CallerID on PRI problems

Bruce Komito brucek at bagel.com
Tue Jun 29 07:29:57 MST 2004

Regardless of what you send in callerid, your PRI has a phone number
associated with it that you don't see, but is used for billing.  This is
so you cannot spoof the LD company into thinking the call came from
somewhere other than from you.  I believe the PRI provider can provision
the PRI to use either this "hard-wired" callerid , or the one you provide.
It sounds to me like your PRI is provisioned as the former.  I would talk
to your PRI provider and see if they agree and are willing to change this.

Bruce Komito
High Sierra Networks, Inc.
www.servers-r-us.com
(775) 236-5815