[Asterisk-Users] 1 user 2 VM boxes?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 29 03:07:42 MST 2004

Hi,

Would be interestd in anyones ideas for this problem..

We are starting a new division to our company, the people in this new
division will be the same people who are on the old division..

Calls for each division come in on seperate numbers and go through
seperate menus but ring to common extensions, this is easy enough..

The problem is with Voicemail..

I need to have seperate VM boxes for each division so that the user will
be able to distinguish between the messages for each division..

Basically the only ways I can think of to make this work is to teach the
users how to access each seperate VM box with a seperate VM box number
and password or I could use VM contexts and have two identical VM boxes
in each context but then the user will have to access VoiceMailMain
differently (eg 100 for division1 VM and 101 for division2 VM) for each
VM box..

Can anyone think of any easier ways?

later..