[Asterisk-Users] * Busy-Redial ??

William J Mandra william.mandra at us.army.mil
Tue Jun 29 00:14:42 MST 2004

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to create a busy-redial feature in
the * dialplan?  For example, you try to call 12125551212 but the number is
busy, so you hang up and dial *XX12125551212 and hangup again, then * would
continue to retry calling the number until either it rings or a timeout is
reached, if it rings * then calls back the exten that made the *XX call and
bridges the two channels (maybe even with a distinctive ring). If anyone has
any suggestions on how to accomplish this please let me know.

  Thanks in advance,

    William Mandra
    Chief Technology Officer
    M-networks.net