[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on 64bit ?

Nicholas Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Mon Jun 28 19:28:23 MST 2004

Kevin Walsh wrote:

>Nicholas Bachmann [asterisk at not-real.org] wrote:
>

>>Kevin Walsh wrote:

>>>In theory, you could use a load balancer.  That's as long as you can
>>>share the SIP/IAX registrations between the nodes.  I'm not sure if
>>>that can be done yet - I haven't looked into it.
>>>

>>It can.  SIP registration info can be stored in a database; see
>>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sip+mysql+peers
>>

>Sorry - I meant the information relating to registrations that have
>already been made.  Like you get when you type "sip show users".

The database stores everything about a SIP user in the DB: name, secret,
IP, etc.

>Perhaps that's not necessary anyway;  The user should attempt to
>re-register if the connection is broken, and may find itself
>connecting to a new server automatically.

I think you misunderstand; with a LBR and registrations in a database,
the user would never know his * box went down unless he was in the
middle of a conversation that had the box in the media path.  The SIP
phone would never have to reregister until the regular registration timeout.

Nick