[Asterisk-Users] Do people actually answer questions here?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jun 28 18:37:21 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 20:08, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> I've only been watching this list for the past 2 days.
>
> And it seems to be an one way street:
> - -Tell about your problems and what you would like to do.
>
> Usually no answer.

You will find many of us will ignore messages if they require us much
effort to read. This is a high volume list and a few will slip through
the cracks on their own. Then there is the just plain stupid questions.

I personally have gotten tired of defending myself when I point out how
to behave and be noticed by more people who will answer. In your case,
the only problem in message composition is that you should not reply to
a message when you choose to start a new message. Breaks threading.

> I have to admit I'm rather disappointed with Asterisk, information is
> probably available but very hard to find ; it seems to be limited to a
> few privileged people for whom their job is setting up VoIP system

Thats your next problem. You should look up and see if there is an
answer. If you did you would have seen how many times we point people to
the wiki that is user contributed. Next when you signed up for this list
you should have seen another link for the -doc project. It is shaping up
to be a dead-tree documentation project.

There is nothing stoping you from asking questions. If someone has the
knowledge and the interest to answer you they will. Comments like this
though are pushing me hard to not care any more and to unsubscribe. That
would be one less person answering questions due to whiners.