[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk & Festival, not a happy couple

David Filion dfilion at dotality.com
Mon Jun 28 13:48:36 MST 2004

Hello,

I'm in the process of trying to get Festival to work with Asterisk. I
followed the install process at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+festival+installation. To get the
Festival to compile I had to add the patch described in the comments.
Once added, Festival and the Speech tools compiled without error.

How ever, when ever I try to call the test extension, I get a busy
signal and the following message in the console:

dotlnx*CLI>
    -- Executing Answer("SIP/10020020-55c0", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Festival("SIP/10020020-55c0", "mary had a little lamb")
in new stack
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/festival.conf':   == Parsing
'/etc/asterisk/festival.conf': Found
Jun 28 16:35:17 WARNING[360466]: app_festival.c:439 festival_exec:
Festival returned ER
  == Spawn extension (toto-start, 8400, 2) exited non-zero on
'SIP/10020020-55c0'
dotlnx*CLI>

In the console from which I started the Festival server, I sometimes get
the following being displayed:
SIOD ERROR: unbound variable : tts_textasterisk

I've confirmed the festival.conf file.
I've confirmed the festival server is running.

Asterisk version: v1-0_stable
Festival version:1.4.3
Speech tools version: 1.2.3

I've googled but had no luck.

Any help/pointers to info would be appreciated...

David