[Asterisk-Users] CDRs, Conferencing, and MeetMe

Senad Jordanovic senad at boltblue.com
Mon Jun 28 11:25:14 MST 2004

Jeff Workman wrote:

> --On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 4:26 PM -0400 Roger Gulbranson
> <roger at gulbranson.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 15:39, Jeff Workman wrote:
>>> We are developing an on-demand teleconferencing solution.  We will
>>> be billing per-minute/per-user.
>>>
>>> I've successfully gotten Asterisk to write CDR data to a postgres
>>> database,  but with the way I've got things setup right now the CDR
>>> does not have the  dialed conference number. We need this
>>> information in order to be able to  bill.
>>>
>>> As teleconferencing is the only application of the Asterisk box, I
>>> have the  dialplan setup to immediately launch into the MeetMe
>>> application and prompt  the user for conference number/PIN upon
>>> answering.  It appears that the  MeetMe module isn't interested in
>>> passing the conference number back to  Asterisk when the user
>>> disconnects so that Asterisk can include that  information in the
>>> CDR.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on how to do this?
>>
>> Use Read() to collect conference number.  Invoke MeetMe() with said
>> number.  Use as well for CDR.
>
> k, this works. However, I'm having difficulty with getting asterisk to
> properly handle a user inputting an invalid conference number.  My
> extensions look like this:
>
> exten => s,1,BackGround(conf-getconfno)
> exten => s,2,Read(CONF)
> exten => s,3,AbsoluteTimeout(7200)
> exten => s,4,MeetMe(${CONF})
> exten => s,5,Goto(s,2)
> exten => s,6,Hangup()
> exten => T,1,Hangup()
>
> s,5 never executes because MeetMe exits non-zero whenever somebody
> dials an invalid conference number.  How do I work around this?
>
> -J

Well... I have conferences created ann its properties written into
database:
Conference no, conf name, max users, moderator etc.

Also, I do not use "exten => s,priority,application..." but a proper
extension number or _X, .

Result, every users call to any of the conferences is saved in the CDR.

Hope that helps...

Ta
Senad